Tuesday 1 November 2011

A Long long long weekend.

This weekend has been fantastically long, because of the melbourne cup. Tuesday was a public holiday in Victoria, and most folks seem to take the Monday off of work too.

Dave and I have had a lot of fun this weekend - but we also got some bad news. Dave's Gran passed away Tuesday evening. Anne was a great lady who loved her family well, she will be missed!

The main theme of our long weekend seemed to be dressing up as we hit a 1920s jazz event on Sunday and then got our fancy clothes on for the Mildura races on Tuesday.

The 'Roaring Twenties Back Lane Jazz' was a fun event that was apart of the Mildura Jazz Food and Wine festival. Dave and I had a great time getting dressed up in our 1920s gear and listening to some jazz with our friends.



I wore a black dropped waist dress with a pleated skirt which I got from the op shop last week. Dave wore a jacket from Zara, my grampa's hat and some home made braces.




My favorite thing about getting dressed up for the 1920s was doing my hair. I was pretty chuffed with the result.



We got all dressed up for the Mildura cup, but unfortunately we didn't take many photos because we got swept up in the day. Here are two we did manage to get. I made this skirt and top a few months ago to wear to a wedding, but had to change my outfit because it was too cold for bare legs. I was glad for an excuse to wear it!

And here is Dave surrounded by ladies
 One final photo of the fascinator I threw together in about half and hour the night before. Not to shabby even if I do say so myself.


Thanks for reading, Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment