Wednesday 15 February 2012

I love woolie Jumpers

Which might be a problem now that I live in Mildura where it is really hot.

 Don't get me wrong, I hate the cold and am very glad that it is so warm here. I am however a little concerned that the awesome jumpers I made smaller today are not going to get as much air time as I  would like, sigh.

I got these fun jumpers from various op shops. but they were too big.


I thought I would share with you how I took them in.

Turn the jumper inside out, and lay it flat on the ground making sure all the seams matched up.


Lay a jumper that does fit down over the top of it.


Cut around the jumper that fits, being sure to leave a seam allowance.



Then just run it through your over locker.

If you don't have an over locker you should get one as they are great, but until then you can just do a line of straight stitch and  a line of zigzag.


Ta da

Because the red one is a little fancier, cashmere darlings. I used a seam that my mother in law told me about, (Thanks Dorothy it looks great). first sew a seam using an over locker with the wrong sides together then turn inside out and do a line of straight stitch as close to the edge as you can with out catching the overclocking. you will end up with a very nice tidy seam.

Thanks for reading x

1 comment:

  1. That's a fancy seam.....and a fancy jumper! I would not even have considered chopping into a woolly jumper, risky business!

    ReplyDelete