Friday 9 March 2012

how many is too many?

 While Clearing out my wardrobe the other day I suddenly realised that I have a lot of brogues. I am not to sure when the obsession began but I can barely walk past a pair in a shop with out trying them on. I decided that as I like them so much they should get a bit more attention.


See nearly enough for a pair a day.
I have manly ones
girly flowery ones




these brown ones are my faves!








































Now I just need a navy pair and I will be set.
What is your favorite type of shoe?  x

3 comments:

  1. What is it that makes them brouges Sarah? I have several flatties (actually nothing but flatties).My favourites are the hand-plaited tan Italian ones of course, but I am happy in my heavy black lace-ups too and my red slip ons , and my two-tone ones, and my brown mocasins and my shiney black ones, and my slim brown lace-ups and the brown ones with the buttons. Is that too many do you think? Are they brogues? Maybe I need some brogues?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw man, so jealous. I need more shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have looked up the dictionary definition of brouges and have discovered that the they are in fact 'a style of low-heeled shoe or boot traditionally characterized by multiple-piece, sturdy leather uppers with decorative perforations and serration along the pieces' visible edges.' thanks wikipedia. so only the brown and the black shiny ones are actually brouges which makes me think it is time for some shopping!

    ReplyDelete