Thursday 1 December 2011

Deck the halls with homemade decos shala la la la la la la la

This week I have been feverishly making Christmas decorations, some to give as gifts and some to put up in our house this weekend yay!


First up, I made a 24-stocking advent calendar to send to my sister-in-law, Lizz. I made them from some left over red jersey and some fuzzy white wool. It was quite a time consuming project and pretty fiddly, but they came out well so it was worth it. I don't have any photos of them hanging as I had to get them in the post so that they would get to Lizz before the 1st of December! I hope she likes them.









My poor Husband Dave was trying to read his book but I was all Christmas-hyper, so I decorated him with the reject stockings tee hee!

The other Decorations that I have made this year are not in traditional Christmas colours. I thought as it is warm and sunny here I would make some warm and sunny decorations.

I made these decorations by dipping string in to PVA glue mixed with a little water and then wrapping the string around some balloons.

It is important to loosen the dry, glue-soaked wool off of the balloon before you burst it or it will make your ball collapse. Below I am pushing the balloon after the glue had dried.



Once I had taken the balloons out, I was left with these cool colourful balls which I attached to a string of fariy lights, now I just need to decided where to hang them.

Thanks for reading x

No comments:

Post a Comment